Friday, January 31, 2014

The gift and the feeling...

I haven't felt this feeling in a good long while.

It's a good feeling. A warm feeling. A feeling of safety.

Somebody cares for me.

A friend of mine crafted the most beautifully thought out gift I have received in my adult life. It all started with a joke about the lack of clocks in my place. I knew that she was up to something and that some sort of construction or fabrication was involved. I knew that this project involved at least two trips to different places.

The gift is a clock. And like so much of my friend's cooking, it's made from scratch. I cannot go into the details of how she put it all together because, frankly, when she was explaining it I was doing my best to fight back tears. It really touched me to have someone care so much about me that they take all of little things they've learned about me and put effort and love into creating something from that.

I think it has been a long time since someone has cared for me like that. And it just feels wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment