Friday, January 24, 2014

Five Friday Facts

1. Central Futbol Club is happy to have their goalkeeper back.

After taking a mid-season break and then missing additional games due to illness, I returned to the roster of Central FC... on tournament night, no less. Tournament night is the night when all the teams are seeded and play in a single-elimination tournament. The games are shortened by an entire half. And the play is intense. This is how I feel about tournament night: I want to either win the whole damn thing or lose the very first game. So how did Central FC fare? Hell, we lost in the finals... worst possible scenario. They were all great games though and everyone played well.

2. The Shock Tart, silly as it sounds, is the best martini at 60 West.

If you like nontraditional and sweet martinis, that is. They used to have a drink called the Flux Capacitor and it was the bomb. They made one for me time before last even after it had been off the menu but I fell in love with the Shock Tart that night too. Tonight was no different. And veggie goat cheese dip. Nom!

3. My new job is a very different beast than previous work experience.

I like it. And I hope I'm good at it. I think I am. There are personnel management situations that I am capable of handling but feel kind of bad for saying one thing and knowing something else. I understand the need and comply. But I fear secrets build secrets and, hell, transparency is what we do. Today was a day like that.

4. Blood work came back negative.

Does that sentence, out of context, sound like bad news? It does to me. But no, that sentence is good news, I suppose. Going back next week.

5. Savant is coming to North America.

I will see a show. The problem is that the *week* he is in North America is the Developer's Summit at work. The night I would want to see him in St. Louis is the night after an all-night event. Double, double toil and trouble. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment