Thursday, January 23, 2014

Samurai Jack

For those of you who missed Genndy Tartakovsky's works during the early 2000s I am sorry. He was the man behind such classics as Dexter's Laboratory, The Power Puff Grrrls, Samurai Jack, and The Clone Wars microseries. His animation is very stylized. His stories are very tight. He keeps dialogue to a minimum. And I love when it all comes together.

Those who know me know some of the things I love: Star Wars, art, video games, soccer. There are few who know of my deep love for Samurai Jack and his never-ending run-ins with the evil, shape-shifting sorcerer Aku. I thought the series was brilliant. I show my niece and nephew the cartoons these days and they hold up. In fact, they sometimes ask their uncle if they could watch "that cartoon with the guy with the sword."

I don't really have a point. I'm working on piece that is an homage to Samurai Jack. I see that reruns are back on the Hub channel. Talks of a movie to wrap things up are still rumored. Mako, the iconic voice of Aku, passed away in 2006 though. But still, perhaps, in some form or another, the saga of Samurai Jack may continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment