Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Funny Walgreens Story

Stopped by my corner Walgreens right after work picking up some envelopes. I always buy a bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms but I didn't see any at the counter. I mentioned it and the guy looked over his register but didn't see any. 

"I'm sure there are some on the candy aisle," he offered.

"No big deal. I don't *need* them," I said. 

This nice old I-almost-would-have-thought-she-could-be-homeless lady behind me asked me, "Is this what you're looking for?" and pulled out a bag that was kinda hidden under a SALE SALE SALE sign.  There it was... the beautiful cadmium red bag of the lovely Peanut Butter M&Ms. *joy*

I thanked her and slapped them on the counter. The clerk told me they were on sale, 3 for $2. I turned to the lady and she already had two more bags in her hands. We all laughed. She asked if they were any good. I paid for my order and gave her a bag. She made such a big deal out of it... must've made her night! And it made me feel so good inside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment