Monday, January 20, 2014

2014 New Year Resolutions - Day 20

Pop Quiz! We (the royal "we") are going to check in on the 2014 New Year Resolutions progress, 20 days into 2014 with a 7 question TRUE/FALSE quiz.

And without further ado:

"Social And Media"

1. Be social! Go out once a week.  TRUE/FALSE:

KINDA. I have been social. Pizza and brownies with Sexy Back. Pizza-less inaugural Archer lunch with the boys. Pan's Labyrinth and Funny Face with Sweet Pea. Curtain Epiphany 2014! Honey Badger's 35-minute power nap. Catching up and conversation over the UofL game that we didn't even watch! Sharing drinks and saying goodbye to Einstein at Against the Grain.

I've done all of these things since the beginning of the year. So the answer should simply be TRUE, right? The problem is that, other than the last one on the list, all of these fantastic things have happened at my place. So while I feel like a butterfly (as in social butterfly... don't know how else one would take that but that's neither here nor there - I felt like clarifying... perhaps like how Muhammad Ali in that I am...) I am not exactly getting out much. Still have 12% unpacking and arranging to do. And then I have to clean. Thank you, Dyson! The weather has been crap and that's been keeping me in. Oh, I am certain the Weather Bomb had something to do with it too as thousands perished in the blistery vortex the scientists warned us about - IF ONLY WE HAD LISTENED!*

* The sentence immediately preceding this asterisk is completely false although not too far from how I felt the news was attempting to portray it 

2. Make media! Create a work of art every other week.

TRUE. I have really gone ape shit in the studio. SIX PIECES! Six. I've been posting everything. And people say the sweetest things! It's so uplifting. But yeah, six pieces... that sets me out until the Spring but I have no intention of slowing down.

3. Social media. Raising the self-imposed Internet ban!  TRUE/FALSE:

TRUE: I have been very busy with work and painting. I am back on Facebook and it's a lot of fun. I need to at least get my LinkedIn page/profile/whatever updated. I don't want to gussy it up too much though, lest my employer think I'm looking to walk. Ha! I just take pictures with my phone so Flickr may be overkill. We'll see.

4. Social exercise. Run 300 miles.  TRUE/FALSE:

EHHH. It's COLD. I can't run in this cold. So I'm waiting. I still have some days before I have to start with the Hal Higdon Half Marathon Training Guide - Novice 1 Program.  The problem is that I'm out of soccer shape and haven't played since before Christmas. It sure has felt good though. :| 

5. Read media. Finish reading a book every other month. TRUE/FALSE:

EHHH. I have demoted The Hobbit from the first book to be read and will instead bestow that honor to The Art of War. It's a loaner from... well, I can't call her Runner Grrrl anymore because she had surgery... a good friend.

6. Thrifty weekly spending. Spend less than "the magic number" per week on average weekly expenses.  TRUE/FALSE:

MOSTLY? Dude, I killed it the first two weeks of January. This week, eh...I'm over by $10.92. I can live the rest of the week with either food here or pocket change and folding money in the car. It's only ten dollars! Plus a little bit of that helped make miracle Curtain Epiphany 2014 (tees available soon). Besides, on average, I am still well under my magic number by $111/week. Mark it 8, Dude.

7. Do not touch the froggy.  TRUE/FALSE:

WELLLLLLL. According to the parameters of this resolution when I first put it out there in my head, then answer is TRUE. But the parameters were ambiguously clear whilst concurrently clearly ambiguous. In fact, a number of things I had never considered could now be considered contenders for addendums to the resolution. Since the resolution itself has nothing to do with either "touching" or "froggies" it would be hard to explain using those terms. Perhaps another time. Suffice to say, TRUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment