Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Only tears can bring a dreamer back to earth."

A day of ups and downs.

Mom had cataract surgery on her other eye but she feels good and it turned out as expected. I had 6.5 hours blocked off for meetings and appointments. That gave me three 30 minute breaks here and there. And it was a busy day. McD's cheeseburgers for lunch. Blech. Cut out early to take Honey Badger to the airport. Made a run to Sam's to load up on tea drank (1 for me, 3 for dad).

Had a very interesting visit with my doctor. Copious amounts of blood were drawn. What's a gill? Possibly but probably not thyroid issues. Possibly but probably not heavy metal poisoning. Probably something else. Possibly one other thing. Laughable phone call afterward but it put me in a rotten mood.

Headed home and started texting Sexy Back about sillines. Her little grrrl with the fake mustache was hilarious. Hilarious!!! And she realized something funny... such a small world! I wonder if a punch from Sexy Back would even hurt. (I kinda doubt it)

Counted down the moments before Chick Pea showed up. I knew she was bringing me dinner and I was excited to see what she made. What I didn't realize is that she was bringing dinner for SIX! Omg, it was so nommy and I'ven't even *tasted* everything yet. We chilled, watched a show, told stories. She's really such an incredible person. She does so much and considers it just part of her day. I strive to be as productive in my daily life. Hated to let her go tonight.

After she left I started sorting my memory bins further. I was trying to split them by age for the longest time but kept having trouble. I think I've got it down though. Childhood. Middle School. High School. College. 20s. Marriage #1. 30s. Marriage #2. 40s. Legal & Taxes. Efforts stalled out very close to the end. I have to further sort my 20s bin and then go through a humongous pile of pictures strewn across the ages. At least the mess is off of the kitchen floor.

Wound down by watching UofL annihilate USF and nomming on rice crispy treats.

Thinking back on a full day and smiling. I have very good friends surrounding me and supporting me with their love. Cracked open my fortune cookie from last night's Great Wall: "Only tears can bring a dreamer back to earth."

Smiles abound here! :)

UPDATE: Chick Pea's ciabatta  kicks all kinds of ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment