Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's a brand new...

It's a brand new day. The sun came up on schedule (if you haven't looked out your window then just trust me on this one - I was awake to watch it). The frost has melted off the windshields of the cars. People are out walking their tiny dogs. Who knows what opportunities the day may bring?

It's a brand new opportunity. I have a new(ish) opportunity at work. I'm in a brand new condo. I have a brand new studio. I'm talking to brand new people about brand new things. There is just so much potential for positive things this year, one should almost resolve to set about doing something about it.

It's a brand new year. Today marks the first day of January in the year 2014 of our Lawd. I hadn't much cared for 2013, as a whole, so I fell asleep early last night and passed on ringing in the new year. However, I did manage to work on some New Year resolutions (I'll post them tomorrow) and I think they are going to help shape 2014 into a good year. Nay, dare I say a great year! Besides, 14 is kind of a go to number for me and it's been somewhat lucky for me my whole life.

It's a brand new life. We all need to do a better job of taking charge of what matters in our daily lives. And what better time than one filled with so many new beginnings? Well, the answer is that there is never *not* a good time to take charge. But now is the time for me. Right now. And I think I'm going to blog about it.

It's a brand new blog. It's a brand new year so I figure let's start a brand new blog. Typing words that record thoughts in my silly head brings me much greater joy than I ever realized when I was always doing it. I've missed it.

I come into 2014 flu-ridden, penniless, heartbroken, uninspired, debt-riddled, joyless, and unshaven. There is nowhere to go but up!

No comments:

Post a Comment