Friday, February 28, 2014

Keystone

Night skiing at Keystone. What a great time. So many great memories but the one that I want to mention are the coyotes. Right after we were done we went to dinner - the same place we went last year on National Margarita Day. Afterward, as we were ungearing (yeah, I made that word up) at the car I heard what I thought was a young kid imitating a coyote's howl. It was so over the top and seemed just across the parking lot. I kinda giggled, thinking to myself, "Oh, to be young, brash, and stupid again." But then more chimed in. And in moments it was a cacophony of piercing howls. They were real. And they were so close. It was jarring and it shook me. A pack of coyotes would tear me apart in no time... and they would. Spooky shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment