Monday, February 24, 2014

Artful ramblings

I finished a piece over the weekend that I am very proud of. The source photograph was blurry so I could not manage to get a good mock-up for the duotone the client requested. I was given a good bit of leniency with this one so I made up for the lack of discerning detail by adding more colors. In the end, I utilized a combination of nine separate colors. And the methods I used to create the piece were similar to the styles of the art of the latest comic book idea I've been noodling over the last few years. So it was really neat to see that style realized.

The client loved the piece and that was great. I swear, if I could paint everyday and put smiles on people's faces on the daily I would. But, life is expensive and I've never really been into the whole "starving artist" lifestyle. So I'll keep my day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment