Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Checklists

I operated on a daily basis using checklists. I really enjoyed regulating my day with a checklist. I'm pretty efficient with a checklist. But a few months ago I inexplicably stopped, cold turkey, making a daily checklist. And I truly think that my life has suffered because of it. I known that I've been in a funk - multi-month funk now it feels like. And I'm beginning to wonder if the lack of a checklist is contributing to it.

I don't feel like I get anything done during the day. I have no list to keep me on task. I have no list to remind me what I actually did. So I've felt like a worthless turd for a long time. Some people might be okay with that feeling but I expect more from myself because I strive for more.

So, yesterday evening, I made a checklist. I didn't get through it all but I did get through a good amount of it. Dishes, laundry, sheets, shower liner, trash, mail. The place looks better because of it. And I feel better because of it. I made one for work and I've been more focused today than it feels like I've been for a good while.

Checklists. Who knew that they were so important to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment