Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Better to know than not...

The day started off fine. At some point in the morning my boss Skyped me and asked me bluntly if I was in the market. Never being one to shy from the truth I admitted that I had an appointment setup with a recruiter to get things moving just in case things don't go my way at the end of our fiscal year. The conversation meandered until it finally reached the tipping point. And in that moment I understood what my boss was telling me. My salary expectations will not be met. I told him no hard feelings but I have to find a job that pays more. I've been working my ass off for a year under the assumption that if I "put the time in the money will come". Turns out that was never necessarily the case. Frowny face.

I left work a little early to contemplate things. I dug down and found the strength to continue working at bust-ass pace. But I also found the courage to start distancing myself from the people that I know and love at work.

In a way, I am relieved. I am disappointed. But also relieved.

The time for me to move along has come, much to my chagrin.

No comments:

Post a Comment