Monday, April 7, 2014

Crazy week in the mountains

Flew back to Boulder Tuesday and worked 12 to 15 hours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Got some nutty news on my career... nutty, I tells ya! I left work Friday after having some incredible sushi over a late lunch and went for a beautiful (albeit muddy) hike up the Flat Irons. Then we got hammered! Watched the Game of Thrones marathon off and on while resting and working on Saturday. UK made it to the NCAA finals and face off against UConn tonight. Couches were burned. Hit up A-Basin with Jer yesterday. The weather was perfect. The runs were fast. The lifts were empty.

The Game of Thrones Season 4 premier last night was fantastic! Like the old Battlestar Galactica eps I always considered a good ep to *seem* like it lasts less than 20 minutes when the show actually goes an hour. When it faded to black last night I couldn't believe it had been a whole hour. We watched it again immediately after. I love that show. I suppose I really should read the books.

I was supposed to go to Denver tonight and hang with a friend but he is in the doghouse after a bad day of Rockies baseball mixed with edibles. He was rather passive-aggressive about the whole thing which sucked but whatever. Lesson learned... I will just not extend my trip again.

Looking forward to coming home tomorrow. My nutty career news, plus being gone for a whole week, makes me crave home more than I have since I moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment