Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Sweet Crack of Social Media

I've joined a few dating sites. I've gone into it with zero to few expectations and it's working out better this time. I think it's working the way it is supposed to... it's fun! These sites aren't boyfriend/grrlfriend factories. They are people watching, plain and simple. It's the same thing I do at the bars or Target or anywhere else out in public. Except I get to do it from the comfort of my own home.

The other benefit is the number of ego mini-boosts I get throughout the day. Someone viewed me. Someone else messaged me. Someone wants to meet me! Granted, a lot of these attempts are borderline undesirable women but some cuties make their way through. And those notifications, whether they be winks, messages, views, or whatever, give me a little boost... to the point that I wait for one to get my "fix". The social media rock is good stuff and I'm totally hooked. It has reached a point where I'm not sure I want to find someone for fear of their eventual insistence that I take down my profiles. Muwahahaha!

Where have I been for 10 days? Derby recovery. Crazy mania. Painting. Working. Livin'. (gawd, I hate it when people say "Just livin'!"... NO FUCKING SHIT, ASSHOLE!?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment