Sunday, March 2, 2014

A-Basin

My snowboarding bonanza came to a close with a half-day of snowboarding at A-Basin. We hit the Montezuma bowl until lunch, where I got kinda hammered on 48 ounces of Pabst Blue Ribbon tall boys, at elevation and on an empty stomach. Woohoo!

So, I learned something about snowboarding in deep powder today. When you hit powder at high speeds it is unwise to make hard stops. Every time I did my tail would catch, I would lose my edge, and the mountain would flip me head over heels. I smacked my head pretty good once and then followed that initial impact with at least a couple of white-out cartwheels. I had to shake that one off for a bit. I spoke with theKim about it and she explained what I had already figured out - don't do that. :)

Ready to head home tomorrow although I heard the town is getting iced and snowed on by Winter Storm Titan. Here is hoping that the snow plows and de-icers are on their A game tonight and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment