Thursday, September 11, 2014

"The thing about girls is if they want it to work, they'll find a way."

Text exchange I had with a "friend" of mine from yesterday:

Me: "Hey there. So, let me ask you for your opinion, as a woman. I've been flirting with <insert name here> all year and now she's totally disappeared. I have no idea if it's something I did or not. Reach out to her or just leave it be?"
Me: "Grrrls are dumb. ;)"
Her: "Lol. Leave it be. Even if it was something you did, if she was really interested, she'd address it with you."
Her: "The thing about girls is if they want it to work, they'll find a way."
Me: "Okay. Thanks."
Her: "Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear."
Her: "I know you like her."
Me: "I doesn't matter what I want at this point. I don't want to be the fool."

What my "friend" doesn't realize is that I think she is also talking about her own feelings. And my final comment was really more for her than the grrrl I was texting about.

Seems like a fitting last comment from me. I think I'll end that friendship. It'll be best for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment