Thursday, December 4, 2014

What. A. Day.

I've had the last two days off and it's been a nutty 48 hours. I've been wrapping up the 2014 budget and readying the 2015 budget. I'm working on tracking the progress of 2014 resolutions and working on ideas for 2015 resolutions. I've been cataloging my Star Wars collection in an effort to sell it and have been cleaning the house after being gone most of the month in Bucharest and Amsterdam.

So yesterday, while having lunch with my folks, mom told me that dad was going to get another check from the lawsuit and that she was going to forgive my debt to her. I argued against it since it is a substantial amount of money. Plus I just don't feel right letting her eat all that debt. But she made a great point that my sister receives tremendous benefit from mom taking care of the kids, cooking dinner for them, and other things she does for that household. So, with much resistance, I succumbed and accepted her offer.

This puts me in a great place to focus on debt-reduction next year. In fact, I started thinking and wondered if they would cut another check like they did years ago after dad got the first lawsuit check. That's probably too much to hope for but that would be life-changing.... seriously.

I've not been blogging for a while but it's only because I've been too busy and/or having too much fun. Life has been good enough. My luck with the ladies hasn't really changed... it's rotten. Work has been crazy but "crazy" is the new normal. The family is doing well. I'll blog more often. I *have* missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment